Saturday, April 20, 2013

I Think I Crashed my Writing Bike

Do I win an award for most inane title? No? Well, fine! I didn't want an award anyways...

Anyways, when I was a kid (eight or so) I took a pretty bad spill on my bike. I took a corner too sharp on the track at the school next to my house and slipped in a patch of moss (we have dangers like that in the northwest). Somehow I ended up with my hand stuck in a chain link fence. I'm really not sure how it happened, I mean, how did I manage to jam my hand through a chain link fence while crashing a bike?

That's not the point though, the point is that for weeks after the crash every time I got on my bike I could only ride a few feet before getting so shaky and scared that I had to stop. Even when I got riding again, it took months for me to get my courage back. I walked my bike around that corner for quite some time, even though I knew it looked dumb.

Right now, I sort of feel like I crashed my writing. I'm scared of it, really scared. I haven't written in over a month. I don't know what has caused this bizarre phenomena, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with getting dumped. I used to share all my writing with my ex, it was what first brought us together. So, writing is a painful reminder that I don't have her love or her friendship anymore.

The solution? To hell with fear. I'm going to write an amazing book, because my words are mine, and they're important, and I want the rest of the world to see them.

Take that rejection. I'm going to turn you into a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment