Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Nice People, or, I'm Sick and Hardly Coherent

Why do they call shopping carts trolleys in the UK? I don't understand.

That's not the point of this post at all, I'm just curious.

Here's the point, I cut my hair. Then I dyed it.

No, that's not the point. What is the point of this? I'm so confused...

Aah, yes, I went to the grocery store. That's not the point, but it's on the way.
Because I have a quite alternative haircut now, I get some interesting looks. You know the sort, that judging look people give when someone makes them uncomfortable. I personally enjoy making the general populace uncomfortable. Somebody has to do it.

That said, I stop by the grocery store near my house two or three times a week and get plenty of looks. It really interests me, seeing how quickly people form opinions of each other based on first impressions. Today as I was heading out of the store, I grabbed my two bags of groceries and went to put my cart away (I used to work at a grocery store, I try to make life easier for those unlucky enough to still work at grocery stores). A portly older woman headed toward the row of carts--the type who generally gives me those looks--turned around and said "oh, if you're not using that, I'll take it honey".

She called me honey. Yes, hard hearted cynical soul that I am, that made me smile. I told her she was welcome to it, and to have a great day.

It's good to realize that there are kind people in the world too.

No comments:

Post a Comment