Monday, March 11, 2013

Pressing On (And "The Secret of Kells")

Today I wrote. Really wrote. More than a sentence, more than a couple paragraphs, I wrote a page and a half (yes, only a page and a half...) and the story began to move forward.
It was a good writing day. There are good writing days, and bad writing days, but as long as all days are writing days I feel like I'm making progress.

Now I've settled down and I'm watching "The Secret of Kells". I absolutely adore this movie. The animation is stunning, the duality of the story is something I've always loved about Celtic tales--and mythology in general.

It's the sort of movie I get lost in, so beautiful it makes me want to cry. Someday I hope to create stories as beautiful as this one.

A good writing day ended with a good story, good all 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment